Call for Expression of Interest: Video Production Consultant
Job Description and Terms of Reference
Overview of the Consultancy
The various training activities of APRN have been put on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic when governments across the globe imposed lockdowns and travel bans. Even as states around the world are beginning to re-open, the chances of having a face to face training remains slim; and, the viable alternative left is to do it virtually. This shift in training modality necessitated a development of additional materials in the form of training videos.
The video production consultant then, has the overall responsibility of managing the project of producing appropriate training videos. This encompass video planning processes of creating, processing, and editing. The consultant must understand what a video should look like, sound like for development communication purposes. (S)he is expected to think more like the target audience whom the videos are created for. Moreover, the consultant is expected to liaise between the video production outfit and APRN.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required
- Background and Experience
- At least 8 years of experience in the field
- Must hold a degree in communications or other related degrees (e.g, mass media, journalism, public relations, political communication, creative media, media studies, digital media, advertising, film);
- Extensive experience in producing development work-related materials/communication both for local and international organizations
- Has managed video production projects
- Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to plan and organize implementation of a project
- Technical know-how in video production such as lighting, camera angles, video set-up, etc.
- Proficient in one or many types of video software (e.g. Adobe Premiere of Final Cut Pro)
- Knowledge in animation, special effects, motion graphics, close captioning
- Familiarity with online distribution (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo)
- Open to creative ideas of others
- Able to work with a team – cooperating, collaborating and consulting
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize with and/or suggest to APRN storyboards of videos.
- Ensure consistent branding of APRN
- Assures that video content and branding are aligned with project objectives and strategies
- Guide APRN on tactics and techniques to ensure videos will be successful in meeting its objectives
- Provide guidance on prioritization of video projects – which should be done first, next, etc. that will yield fruitful results according to the overall objectives of the project.
- Assist in providing input in scriptwriting and content planning
- Assess risks in obstacles in filming and propose alternatives
- Provide advice and recommend specifications of equipment most suitable for APRN use
- Video proofing – what to keep, what to cut
- Liaise with video production outfit and APRN
- Project Management Plan
- Project monitoring report (mid in project timeline)
- Project Summary Report
The consultancy is for the duration of the project of producing videos training videos for APRN. This runs for 6 months, commencing on the date of signing the contract.
Remuneration is PhP 99,578.10
Payment shall be made in 3 tranches:
- 40% upon submission of project management plan
- 30% delivery of project monitoring report
- 30% upon submission of project summary report
- Letter of interest that state why you are suitable for this post.
- CV emphasizing relevant qualifications and experience.
- Sample work made for previous clients
- Two work references: contact details (email) of referees (previous clients/firms whom you have produced a similar assignment)